"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

06 February 2012

#03 Bagpipes Player

I painted this one from a sketch that I did while in London. This guy was playing the bagpipes outside the National Gallery on Trafalgar Square. There were some street dancers a few feet away from him that seem to be stealing away the whole potential audience. So I had him all for myself and took some time to sketch him on the spot. As I was the only one looking, I had to give him a coin or two, just for being such a good subject in the middle of the London summer crowd. 

Acrylics on acidfree cold pressed paper 8x8in - 100USD

No comments:

Post a Comment